Monday, August 27, 2012

Spain. Adventures in Madrid & Vigo.


So after being in Finland for a few weeks, I hopped on a plane to go to Spain to visit my friend from Aus Jacqui, Travel round, Eat food and do all that Tourist stuff and Ride Bikes!


Yours truly in Madrid, Spain. Come to the end of my first week in Madrid saw us head 7hrs West to Vigo!




After driving for 7hrs to Vigo, on Spain's West Coast we were surrounded by these sights that were within 10 metres from the Hotel Jacqui & I were staying at in Vigo for the Marisquiño Festival. Which was a big festival for BMX! BMX Flatland, Dirt, Park, Moto FX, Mega Ramp and even Parkour were all involved at the Festival that went for 3 days straight!


First day in Vigo being a Friday and arriving around lunch time it was all go! Checked out the sights and the Festival, also bumping into Sergio Layos who is friends with my friend Jacqui who I was staying with in Madrid. We also met the rest of the Flybikes Team who were present for the Marisquiño Festival. One cool cat being Stefan Lantschner and my all time BMX Idol was there and we got to Party all weekend and starting off that Friday afternoon right into the Evening.



Due to some last min changes Jacqui and I couldn't bring our Bikes. But after some talking to Stefan on the Friday night I was lucky enough for him to offer me to Ride his Bike on the course! A dream come true right? Crazy!


Ah take me back to Vigo!



Igor, Melo & Rubio snuck me into the VIP area of the Hotel where the Flybikes Team were all staying. They had unlimited Beer and Red Bull plus snacks there and the view of the whole Festival was amazing. Pictures do not do the justice! 

Yes that is Ruben Alcantara's Bike. Was an honour to meet such a Legend of the BMX World, really quiet and laid back in person.


Seriously, for 4 Euro's.. it was worth it. Was better than anything I have had in Australia without a doubt!

So after the weekend in Vigo we headed back to Madrid for my last week in Spain. Was just spent relaxing and Riding with the locals before my return back to Aus.

1 comment:

  1. Great article! Thank you for sharing your experience in Spain. I learn a lot from your adventure, this is really good. I hope someday I can experience this with my friends. Thank for this article.

    Do you want more Hotel Madrid? Find more here.

    ReplyDelete